Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sound in space?

Being a HAM and a science nut I have often wondered what it would take to receive and hear radio waves from outer space. I've made a few enquiries on forums dedicated to radio telescopes, but I'm still lost on the subject. Heck, I haven't contacted a satellite yet - one more of my "things to do" after becoming a HAM over four years ago.

A HAM can say that he or she knows about using radio telescopes because it is a topic we study before taking our FCC test. Knowing about something oftentimes means that one doesn't truly know how to do it. Thus, I am left with the understanding, but lack the application.

So what do I need to do to overcome this hurdle and to accomplish my HAM goal? Well, for starters I need to research the topic thoroughly. Then comes the feasibility of acquiring the material. Ultimately I have to step out of my comfort zone and attempt the darn project...


Deion "Mule" Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment